The Lithuanian robotics company Rubedo designed a globally unique disinfection robot to combat the COVID-19 coronavirus.
MEDO platform – over 150 health professionals provide health consultations online.
Open Covid-19 data are available: COVID-19 statistics, laboratory test data, COVID-19 vaccination data, epidemiological data, data sets for test results and other open data.
Research shows, that employees’ poor mental health causes a drop in productivity by 36% and the rise of sick days. In fact, 50% of Millennials leave jobs because of it.
We believe that employees’ emotional hygiene must become a routine and taken care of by outside professionals. That’s why we created AOC – a Mental Gym, an objective partner, that helps to build a habit of exercising emotional fitness, anonymously and safely. Employees can train individually, with a community, or cer...
Covid-19 Innovation Fund. Covid-19 Competition for innovators and startups to develop life-saving healthcare innovations
On March 19th the Agency for Science, Innovation and Technology (MITA) launched a contest "LIFE-SAVING INNOVATIONS: STOP COVID-19" and gave a priority to COVID-19 virus and crisis management projects. Innovators, technology developers, startups and innovative companies were invited to participate and offer solutions based on modern technologies.
Stiprus Kartu. Volunteering hub launched by Lithuanian tech and telecoms companies.
There is No Quarantine on the Internet. A governmental program uniting SMEs on a single e-commerce platform.
Legion of Gediminas - voluntary assistance from Vilnius residents
Vilnius already had a volunteer IT team of 700 people, but during the first week, Legion of Gediminas was formed and over 6000 addition volunteers joined. They helped to deliver food for elderly, a group of makers created face shields, data analytics worked with predictions, mental health line was created. Gediminas legion established a donation box to collect medical protection items from people which were willing to...
Drone solutions for more effective Covid-19 response.
Assistance for effective remote learning.
Vilnius city municipality have created Google platforms for schools in Vilnius tp facilitate remote learning. Teachers were invitied to online course to help them adapt to remote online teaching, with specific incentives and bonuses in place to encourage professional development. Finally, thousands of pupils were given touchpads, who did not have opportunity to learn remotelly otherwise.
Digital Lunch&Learn: Public Sector Edition.
“Digital is now!“ – from now on, that’s how we greet every day, because digital transformation went from being our future plan to the present part of our daily work routine. Quarantine has changed how we live and work, therefore GovTech Lab Lithuania and Digital Academy Lithuania invites everyone to spend their Friday lunch break learning something new, useful and prepare themselves for digital present and future. “Digital Lunch&Learn” virt...
ViLTė chatbot answer questions about Covid-19 from official sources. Truthful, reliable and up-to-date information on emergency, quarantine and coronavirus from official sources is crucial today. In order to facilitate the provision of reliable information to the public in the face of COVID-19 crisis, an automated conversation robot called ViLTė was installed by the Government of Lithuania at www.koronastop.lt.
Effective information sharing through karantinas.lt, hotline, and mobile app.
National eHealth solution for COVID-19 testing.
All PCR tests related to COVID-19 are processed on national eHealth system. All patients, regardless of where the sample was taken (drive-thru testing, emergency department, fever clinic, or hospital), can access their test results on their patient portal account.Those patients who have been tested at a drive-thru are automatically notified of the test result via SMS, and in case of a positive test – by a doctor's call.
COVID-19 case management system to ensure efficient track and tracing
Solutions for data-driven decision making in Vilnius Municipality, through dashboards, predictive modelling and information system of drive-in corona virus testing stations.
Combined data from the 2020 pilot population census with dynamic and swift COVID-19 statistics will be available in the near future. In detailed (1 km grid) maps, visitors will have the possibility to see the most recent information about the total population divided by age and sex, along with the timely data on COVID-19 spread. Detailed data contained in the maps will also be available via open data files. 2. The portal will include the main COVID-19 maps of Lithuania. 3. Covid-19 in Lith...
Statistics Lithuania has developed the interactive map set for showing accurately the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak. The map displays information on the latest cases, tests performed in real-time, vaccination rates, also demographic and certain chronic disease morbidity statistics (Statistics Lithuania, the Institute of Hygiene), Health care resources (Institute of Hygiene), detailed data on care and social services (Statistics Lithuania), detaileddata of the private and public sectors direct...
Vilnius, the capital city of Lithuania, has announced plans to give over public space to hard-hit bar and restaurant owners so that they can put tables outdoors to observe physical distancing laws but continue to serve customers.
- Please note that the OECD has not formally reviewed the responses and information provided and does not necessarily endorse any of the solutions included. Our objective is to share information and ideas at the maximum speed for governments to make use of it. As such, review and validation of information is limited and does not directly reflect the views or beliefs of the OECD.
- This platform, as well as any data and any map included herein, are without prejudice to the status of or sovereignty over any territory, to the delimitation of international frontiers and boundaries and to the name of any territory, city or area.
- Note by Turkey: The information in this document with reference to “Cyprus” relates to the southern part of the Island. There is no single authority representing both Turkish and Greek Cypriot people on the Island. Turkey recognises the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC). Until a lasting and equitable solution is found within the context of the United Nations, Turkey shall preserve its position concerning the “Cyprus issue”.
- Note by all the European Union Member States of the OECD and the European Union: The Republic of Cyprus is recognised by all members of the United Nations with the exception of Turkey. The information in this document relates to the area under the effective control of the Government of the Republic of Cyprus.
- Regarding Kosovo, this designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244/99 and the Advisory Opinion of the International Court of Justice on Kosovo’s declaration of independence.